What to do next

If you live in the UK and are experiencing any difficulties with your hearing or balance ……
• Make sure your family, friends and colleagues know about your hearing loss, balance problems or tinnitus, so they can give you support.
• Ask your GP to refer you to an audiology clinic or ear, nose and throat (ENT) department.
• Ask your ENT consultant or audiologist for advice about deafness and using hearing aids.
• Contact the social worker for deaf people at your social services department who can help you with useful equipment at home and give other advice.
• If you are in work or looking for work, ask the Disability Employment Adviser at your Jobcentre Plus for advice.
• Contact the RNID Information Line for more information on 0808 808 0123.