What you can expect to happen at different NHS appointments

If your GP refers you to a NHS clinic, you should soon receive an appointment to visit either your local Audiology department or your local Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) department.

If your GP thinks your hearing problems probably result from the ageing process alone, they can refer you directly to an Audiology department. However, your GP will refer you to an ENT department before you see an Audiologist if they think your hearing problems could be due to other factors.



Back to 'Getting your hearing tested'